Wednesday, April 4, 2012

{just married} johanna + michael

When you're under crunch time, finishing up sessions doesn't leave me feeling as sad as I did when I finished this session. Meeting my clients sends me through this process. It's almost like I gain new family members. We start out communicating back and forth, usually via email for a few weeks. I try to get to know them through a series of questions and answers. Then comes the day of the session. We spend roughly an hour together (this couple was closer to an hour and a half) and throughout the hour, we really get to know each other. They have to be comfortable enough with me to be intimate together and still be very natural. And most of my clients are capable of doing this. After our session, I go on back to my every day life, except they're included in my life for up to a month or so for about 2 hours every other night for editing. I spend this time adjusting each and every photo. I often catch myself smiling or starring at the dreamy photos, especially when it's a couple that is so in love. It just always makes me happy. Then, before I know it...the folder of images that haven't been edited gets smaller and smaller and before I know it...I've reached the end. This is always so bittersweet. Yes, I'm done editing this session...but I know that I won't be seeing this lovely couple for quite some time. I always fall in love with my clients. I love being a part of their lives, even if it is for a little while. Each and every one of them touches my heart in some way.

Okay, so enough of that. More about this wonderful couple! Johanna and Michael got married in February and asked me to photograph them in their wedding attire post wedding (which I think is a wonderful idea if you're wanting wedding-like photos, but not exactly wanting to pay the price of a full service wedding photographer). They were so easy going and always laughing together!

Enjoy these images of the new Mr. and Mrs.!




 
 

1 comment: